ID:2429224

Resolved
Map files were restricted to 64K rows in the file, preventing extended one-tile-per-row formats from working properly.
BYOND Version:512
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 71.0.3578.98
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
TG station encodes maps in a "TGM" format, where every tile on the map is stored on a separate line instead to reduce merge conflicts.

This works fine on normal 255x255 maps, but on Yogstation, we were trying to load a map that is 350x350 - and when we tried that, one of two things happened - either Dream Maker completely shat itself and crashed, or it completely killed the left side of the map, up to the 65536th tile.

This only happens with the TGM format, so this is based off the total number of "map lines" in the map, and not the normal map format.

By map lines I mean this:
(1, 1, 1) = {"
aaa // this is a line
aaa // this is a line
aaa // this is... a line.
"}

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. make a map file with more than 65536 rows by converting it using TGM
2. watch DM completely shit itself

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
for the map editor to open with the map

Actual Results:
DM shits itself

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?
when there's less than 65536 map rows

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

reduce the line count by modifing TGM exporter to output columns in pairs or triplets if the map is too large
If you can shoot me a test project with a map in that configuration, I'll check it out.

DM should be unable to handle 65K unique pops in a map file but ought to be indifferent to line count.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Map files were restricted to 64K rows in the file, preventing extended one-tile-per-row formats from working properly.