It turns out after a tooth extraction you have to stay away from carbonated beverages for a while. This is a problem for me.
Somehow I have managed to function enough to keep pushing forward on 513 features. I ran into a snag with measuretext(), basically that there were parts of the backend that still needed the Unicode flag for compilation turned on for the Windows build, and once I fixed that I ran into a few other snags, but eventually all was well and I got everything sorted out.
Currently I'm working on a routine I'm provisionally calling SoundQuery(), and unlike measuretext() I think I will make this a client proc instead of top-level. My goal is for this to return a list of associative lists, where each of the individual lists will contain the channel, which sound it's playing, whether it's on repeat, the amount of time elapsed already, total time for the current sound, and total time of any sounds waiting to use that channel. People have been asking for something like this for ages, so now's the time. If you have any requests for the return format or additional information you might like, go for it.
A couple of 512 bugs are on the plate too, which I haven't quite gotten to yet. For the aforementioned reasons, plus being sluggish just from residual pain, I've been running slow this week.
I'm very grateful to all our Members, donors, and Patrons who've helped support BYOND this month. Big thanks to all of you.
Feb 22 2019, 9:10 am