ID:2431273

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
I dont know if it would be here in Byond Help, but I have had this account since 2009, and I obviously cant make another account with a new email, but I can't seem to find a way to change my name, is there a way I can have my name CHANGED? or well... something like that? Obviously my name won't really fit me now.
Best response
Account names aren't changed, especially older ones. There's a lot of stuff tied to the account name being how it is now.
well I never did much with this one anyways, not like I ever had a membership, hell, this was made I think around 2010 or nine, or something, can I atleast have something happen? or hell, DELETE this account if I have to, I can DISABLE it, but that doesn't let me make another account, even if I have to have this one deleted, its fine with me, its never had anything happen much, and I really don't want my name to be "Bladethefox" anymore... what can be so important tied to my name now? I can refriend the friends I have, I can redownload or what ever it is the games I have played, now if it somehow kills the site/Byond, thaaaats a major flaw, but if it practically wipes my account to a restart, I'm fine with that.
There are many technical issues that would prevent it, if it were a few days old it would probably be a different story.

You're free to use a new email address to create a new account, I don't see why you're making such a big fuss over it.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
There are many technical issues that would prevent it, if it were a few days old it would probably be a different story.

One work around would be to add display names for BYOND accounts. The default would be the account name for the sake of older / current accounts. For example, your account name is Nadrew and that won't ever change, however you would be able to go to your account settings and alter your display name. On the back end of BYOND, nothing would change except for website foo, such as displaying <Display Name> on forum posts instead of <Account Name>.

You're free to use a new email address to create a new account, I don't see why you're making such a big fuss over it.

If I had to guess, it's because the proposed workaround isn't very user-friendly. Not everyone wants to have to make a new email and create a new account simply to have a different user name. If I wanted to go by a different name on Steam, Twitter, or any other website that I frequent, I really don't want to have to make a new email and a new account for that purpose. It's just a lot more user friendly to have the ability to change my display name on the fly.
That's a much bigger request and doesn't really have anything to do with this. It would still change very little, as most games would still be using 'key' and 'ckey' to identify you.