ID:2432022

I have a lot of irons in the fire this week, between new features, some ongoing bug reports (some of which I'm waiting for more info from), and elsewhere. Mostly new feature stuff.

For 512, I'm thinking of throwing in a dark theme for Dream Maker because it's been requested a lot. Basically that would entail using the code editor colors and applying something similar to the interface. It's a small project (by which I mean it's not something I can throw together in half an hour, but it's not huge), but I think a lot of people would like it and it's a feature I can add to the existing release.

One of the long-requested features I had on my wish list for 513 was maptext links. To see that through, I started work on that earlier in the week, and oh boy was that way more complicated than I anticipated. But you know what? I think this works. And what I mean by that is, I actually do have a working setup that just needs polish. I'll discuss the technicalities on this week's Patreon post.

What does this mean for ideas like maptext scrolling, and cropping? Well I'd like to find a way to support cropping at least, where the text is chopped off instead of not rendered at all when it's outside the maptext area. Scrolling is a whole other animal, a lot like links were and for many of the same reasons. For cropping I need some kind of way of signifying it should be done. (Suggestions to that end are welcome.) Also, users who want maptext to be so versatile so they can do a chat-on-map thing will need to reconsider that strategy carefully, as simply adding to maptext means you're creating larger maptext that needs more parsing and rendering each time, not something where you can just use existing output and it has a negligible impact on anything. Still, intriguing possibilities are opened up anyway.

That's the quick update. Thanks to all our Members, donors, Patrons, and sundry for keeping the lights on. And speaking of lights, US users don't forget this weekend is when daylight savings comes back, so prepare yourselves! As for me I'm facing this transition without my beloved Mountain Dew, so after you hit up the tip jar please also send prayers.
The ability to import and export code editor color changes would be pretty nifty c:
Heavily support dark theme for Dream Maker.

Even if it's achievable through windows themes (and partially achievable through customizing your color settings), it would still be wonderful on my eyes.
Dark theme > light theme.
Anyone who disagrees can fight me.