Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2432871

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
So. Kami was able to travel between the realm of the living and dead, and there's a few instances where other characters in Dragon Ball have the ability to do so as well, such as Baba and the filler character "Annin" (in a sense). My suggestion is not a direct suggestion to give the Earth Guardian a skill to traverse between realms, but a poll for the lot of you to vote on and discuss here.

On top of this skill, Earth Guardian should have an observe skill of sorts to allow them to watch the people on Earth from the tower, much like Kami, Dende, Popo, and Korin do.

Of course, if the Earth Guardian rank gets this type of skill, it would absolutely have to be under some rule restrictions so that some silly sausage Guardian wasn't randomly taking people to and from the Afterlife willy nilly as well.

What do you think? Why do you think? If you're going to post, give me a reason why or why not.

Vote here: https://www.strawpoll.me/17603985
I'm not sure completely how I feel about this?

I agree 100% with the obverse thing, They should totally get a rank version of observe to be able to see the happens on earth.

What I don't entirely agree with, is the the whole AL stuff.

But I don't think my disagree comes from yanno, The suggestions itself, but more.... How I see the rank?

I feel that giving the EG these abilities, you're sort of forcing them to become a hermitting rank. Where the majority of the time is spent away from the RP, just casually watching/observing the happenings of earth. Which I don't mind, if the EG isn't FORCED to RP like that.

If they are forced to RP like Kami, staying away from earth for say their entire character life and casually observing than I'm 100% against this suggestion, but if they're allowed to choose between using their powers and not using them, then I'm 100% on board.

Edit: I'm not voting in the strawpoll yet (as you don't have a neutral option) Just know my vote is one of neutrality right now.
I don't think I explicitly said that the Guardian would be forced to be a hermit, I'd encourage the opposite, as Dende frequently hops up and down. It was more of a "let's make this a little more accurate and give the Guardian some more stuff they can do."
In response to Netro
Oh no I get that 100%

On that part I 100% agree, Let them have these skills so they can do the shit Kami and Dende did.

BUT, I don't want the EG to be forced to Hermit.
Maybe instead of individual observe add in planet observe ? So you can observe only a specific planet and the people on it. That could possibly be used by the EG as as well cardinal Kai’s, maybe even namekian elder.

As for the realm travel thing , I’m just a little worried that we might end up getting salty earth guardian who instead will travel to afterlife to send “bad” people to hell . Like the people they don’t like will end up in hell which is a rather dumb thing to do . With that being said maybe only have it so ONLY the earth guardian can travel and he cannot take anyone to and from there . That and also I hope it has a limit to it , so they can’t spam use it that and they must have IC knowledge of the place before hand not just randomly teleport there .
In response to InfinityStarz
That was what I said. Have some restrictions to the skill so they can't do that willy nilly.
In response to InfinityStarz
I think the two restrictions on Observe to prevent that should be

1. You have the said person in your contact list (and they have to be on earth)

2. You have to be on the tower (Either Korin's tower or EG's tower) to use it. Cause it wouldn't make sense that you'd be on earth, watching the people of on earth. lol

Also For realm travel, I feel as though, it shouldn't be a skill? But more like a door that leads to the AL and back, that only the EG can open. (So it'd be a door that checked if you had the rank, and when you clicked it, it'd lead to a room in the AL)

And I feel like you shouldn't be able to make multiple trips to and from the AL, Like you could make a round trip once per year (Or couple of years) or something.

Edit: Obviously I know realm travel being a door might be a bit hard to implement, So I'm fine with it being a skill, if it still had the attached requirements and required you to be on your tower to use it.

Edit 2: Just so it's clear, The EG should never be "stuck" in the AL So if he uses the skill (or goes through the door) to go to the AL, he can go through again, before the timer preventing him from going back the AL starts to tick down.