Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2441853

Resolved
Applies to:

This issue has been resolved.
So, remember when Goku and Vegeta fought and Vegeta had to make a Fake Moon? Well, he said, in every source material, that making a fake moon would drop his ki (his power) to make one.

Maybe using a fake moon to use Oozaru would garner a weaker Oozaru.

This would help prevent people like Bemcint from just spamming Fake Moons every fight to win until you got Giji or Super Saiyan.

If Oozaru currently boosts you by 3.5x (350%) maybe a Fake Moon transformation could give something like.. 200%? Maybe 250%?

Give me your thoughts.
I say drop em down to 225% if you use a fake moon.

Edit: I realize without my edit, it looks like I just oozaru weakened, So I clarified slightly.
On top of this, to prevent further Fake Moon spam, each consecutive Fake Moon Oozaru transformation will produce a weaker and weaker Oozaru, until it just stops being useful until it recharges.

This way, you don't get people also using Oozaru in a fight, the fight taking too long, it runs out, and then they use another mid-battle.

Perhaps have it weaken by 25%-50% per usage prior to a month save or two?
In response to Netro
I say that for every use of a fake moon, they lower your max oozaru by 25-50%

and you have to wait till the amount of fake moons you used in month saves, to have your full power Oozaru back.

So every month save, your Oozaru would get 25-50% stronger, if you used a fake moon before hand. Until it returns to it's full power.
I like the idea of diminishing returns on artificial moon use. I also feel like The Thing* shouldn't apply to fake moon use, which is infinitely more abusable than a 300% boost.

(*if you don't know what it is, you don't need to)
Weird. I'd consider this idea if fake moon was a skill but considering it's a tech item it doesn't make sense for it to produce a weaker oozaru.
It can either be a skill, a technological item or both. If this is still being discussed, I would appreciate the conclusion to determine if this can be implemented in the shortest possible time.
I wouldn't mind Fake Moons being a skill. It would make more sense overall.
I have no opinion either way of Fake moons either being a tech item or a skill. I'm on either side when it comes to that one lol.
I believe it should stay a tech item. Saiyans aren't technologically adept, which makes it a commodity. Having it be a skill will inevitably lead to it being spammed in every fight by everyone all the time.

Admittingly, certain people will of course spam the tech created ones, but you at the very least have to mine for the materials and roleplay with a technician to get them.
I dont mind if it stays a tech item either, it'd just make more sense as a skill. Do most of us agree on the diminishing returns though?
Diminishing returns for Oozaru spam would be great.

As for Fake Moon as a skill, if it was to be added, it'd need to be super rare as Saiyans are already a very popular race, rarer than the alien special skills rare, or come with a debuff to the user of the technique so as to reflect what's shown in the show (Vegeta's stating that it used a lot of energy) or maybe even a very high move level to learn, similar to how in the last wipe of DBG all Makyos had access to deadzone at movelevel 80 though no one stuck around long enough to get it. Or all of the above. I'm ambivalent on the skill portion, though I really like the nerf to Oozaru spam.
The skill would not be common, I don't believe it is accurate to assume that every individual of the race can learn to create an energy attack that gives the same effect as staring at the moon. The most one should be able to do is slightly increase the chance of learning to do so if they are taught by someone who knows how to. They will not receive the skill immediately.

Diminishing returns are also logical for frequent transformations, given that the reasoning could be your body being strained. Whether or not this is in the show or manga, it is appropriate for balancing purposes.
The Unknown Hobbit resolved issue