Kii_cloudshadows

by Kumorii
Simple visual effect for showing cloud shadows on the ground that move!
ID:2451339

Want to spice up the atmosphere of your game but don't want to kill your CPU? Look no further!

This library provides a lightweight method of adding aesthetically pleasing cloud shadows that move across the ground - adding a whole new level of depth to your game's atmosphere! Even includes the basics for hiding/displaying the effects in realtime!

4/16/2019
The library is now significantly more lightweight and now features dynamically-rendered clouds as opposed to pre-mapped cloud locations as in the previous version. Now, cloud shadows will render in realtime at random locations around active clients. You have full control over how many shadows can exist around a client as well as where on the map you want clouds to exist!

Provided there are no issues or requests that crop up, this will likely be the finalized build for this library.

Check out the Dream Maker's Discord for development/design support!
Will soon be updating this with a major overhaul to improve efficiency in large maps, as well as provide more dynamic and realtime cloudshadow rendering.
(aka; you won't just place clouds where you want them in the map; they'll work more like the rain in my rain library!)
Updated with a major overhaul!

The library is now significantly more lightweight and now features dynamically-rendered clouds as opposed to pre-mapped cloud locations as in the previous version. Now, cloud shadows will render in realtime at random locations around active clients. You have full control over how many shadows can exist around a client as well as where on the map you want clouds to exist!

Provided there are no issues or requests that crop up, this will likely be the finalized build for this library.

Enjoy!
Updated it to now include the demo that i had thought was already there, but evidently wasn't! I'm great!