ID:2453729
 
(See the best response by Team7Star.)
Whenever I try to install it just says "Parameter not met" then shuts down. How do I fix this?
And now it doesn't even work though it's installed. Great engine. Great engine.
And now its only installing the Byond thing. Nothing else. Good job on making an incredible system.
Best response
Works for 95% of people so not that bad
In response to Team7Star
Team7Star wrote:
Works for 95% of people so not that bad

Do you have stats on that?

Sure, it works for most of the people that are here and use the forums, but that doesn't mean the process doesn't deny entry or ward off many potential users that don't post anything and just go elsewhere.

I know when I do fresh installations, Windows tries to circumvent installation, and basically tells me not to do so as it thinks BYOND could be some kind of unrecognized virus.

If I hadn't "known" BYOND since 2002 and had just recently discovered it, that would be enough for me to abort installation.

tl;dr I wouldn't be surprised if your stat is completely backwards, with failed installations and mechanisms such as SmartScreen or whatever turning away 95% of people. The remaining 5% would then be pre-existing users or wayward, persistent travelers.
In response to Team7Star
Team7Star wrote:
Works for 95% of people so not that bad

Never had a issue myself during installation in 10+ yrs.
In response to Hiead
Hiead wrote:
Team7Star wrote:
Works for 95% of people so not that bad

Do you have stats on that?

Sure, it works for most of the people that are here and use the forums, but that doesn't mean the process doesn't deny entry or ward off many potential users that don't post anything and just go elsewhere.

I know when I do fresh installations, Windows tries to circumvent installation, and basically tells me not to do so as it thinks BYOND could be some kind of unrecognized virus.

If I hadn't "known" BYOND since 2002 and had just recently discovered it, that would be enough for me to abort installation.

tl;dr I wouldn't be surprised if your stat is completely backwards, with failed installations and mechanisms such as SmartScreen or whatever turning away 95% of people. The remaining 5% would then be pre-existing users or wayward, persistent travelers.

This issue could be circumvented entirely by signing the installer. The fact that this has not been done is sometimes more than a little disappointing. Albeit, I understand Lummox's feelings on software signing, as it is more or less paying mob protection money: "It'd be a shame if someone were to... Tell our antivirus that your software is malicious..."

Login to reply.