ID:2469909

Yesterday I learned that having an anchor screwed into your jaw feels very disturbing. And when the numbing wears off, it hurts like you think it would but way more persistently.

Well it seems the most recent 512 update had some issues with the mouse hit overhaul, which I guess isn't too surprising considering every time I touch that code it bites me. I've made it way less complicated than it was, which is something, but missed a couple things that didn't shake out in my tests. Today's release of 512.1469 fixes that. I know it's risking the Friday curse, and doubly so on a holiday weekend, but it's because the bug was so severe and I expect people will do plenty of gaming over a long weekend that I decided I should act.

I was considering changing vis-x/y, but now that's going to be left as-is. I did however discover during the process of fixing 512's mouse stuff that plane masters have been breaking clipping since basically the moment they were introduced. I'll probably need to fix that before I return to 513 stuff, because of the rendering implications. Or not, because no one noticed so far; I mean realistically, no one is relying on that clipping without covering those parts "outside" the map with HUD stuff anyway.

513 saw no changes this week, partly because yesterday was a lost day, but mostly because I was playing catch-up on 512 stuff and the mouse overhaul demanded more attention than I wanted it to (and I still managed to screw it up!). The whole system is simple in theory, annoying in practice. I'll explain more on this week's Patreon post.

Thanks everyone who's supported BYOND through Membership, donations, and/or our other channels. Your support means everything and I'm still working hard to earn it.

The weather's spotty here but I'm still hoping to ingest my share of quality meats this holiday weekend, even though it'll be on one side of my mouth. When you're ready to take a break from the sun, rain, or extended family, good times in BYOND games are waiting for you.