ID:2472236

Not a bug
BYOND Version:512
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 74.0.3729.169
Applies to:DM Language

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary: Move() breaks and produces unexpected results when calling the default proc with passed arguments.

Here is a test environment. Run the environment and use the test verb, observing the large square. The square should be moving in the direction you were facing when the verb was executed, but it does not.

When does the problem NOT occur? In tile movement based games, when you are using the default bounds related variables, this issue does not occur.

Workarounds: None.
You're missing the step_x, step_y arguments from the original call to Move(). For whatever reason, those are being used in tile movement for objects with large bounds, so when you don't pass those, the movement is wrong.

I guess the bug here would be that step_x, step_y are being used instead of simply changing the loc.
Weird... I had no idea step_x/y ever changed when using tile movement, even when using non-default bounds.

Thanks, I can work with this in the meantime.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)