ID:2474358

Resolved
In some cases, the server did not properly send map chunk information that was necessary to handle big icons.
BYOND Version:512
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 74.0.3729.169
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This issue has been resolved.
images that are attached to objects will not be rendered if the client's eye is too far away from the object, even if the image in question is large enough or being transformed in such a way that it should still be visible to the client.

by using an object with a blank icon/iconstate and an image attached to it and transforming the object instead, it yields the same result (sometimes)

if however the object has a visible icon/iconstate and you transform the object instead of the image, it will work as intended.. (sometimes???)

hard to explain what the hell is happening here so have a demo instead. i am baffled by this but it definitely isn't intended behavior and the bug is not consistent.

demo: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/361002265559040002/ 586502701253132298/imagebug_src.zip

i suggest recompiling and running the demo a couple times, sometimes things work and sometimes they don't.

try: walking in the default mode until the image fails to render, then switching modes.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
In some cases, the server did not properly send map chunk information that was necessary to handle big icons.
I wasn't entirely able to figure out why the turf chunk sending got messed up, but what I did was make the sending more robust.

There's some logic in play that avoids sending the turf chunk info in certain cases, and I can't for the life of me figure out what those cases are or why I put that logic in. The likelihood here is that I was fixing another bug at the time and the fix caused this more obscure issue, so I'm hesitant to mess with that logic just yet.