ID:2474676

Hi! I have this idea for a new video game console for both gamers and game developers. Here are some facts about it:

-It will be both cheap and powerful. I hope it can be sold at $120-150 without it being at a loss for game developers. It would be as powerful as New 3DS, or at least New 2DS.

-There will be it's own IDE software to create games for it. It will also support many game engines, including all the top modern ones such as Unity, Unreal and Game Maker Studio.

-It will contain a shop that will be free. It will be like a console shop (like Nintendo eShop and Playstation Store) that can be accessed through the console and through the Internet anywhere.

-You can post a game of almost any size or quality (just not a really bad one) on the store for free or for sale. The store will be something like itch.io where there won't be any hassle of things like approval in order to put up your game. This is unlike putting your game on the regular modern console stores or for PC (PS Store, Nintendo eShop, Steam etc...)

-The benefits for these things are:

-Gamers can buy good games for a smaller price (instead of buying a handheld game for $40, you can buy an equally good game for $20 or less).
-Game developers can put their games on a console (which will have
lifetime or long-term support) even without selling it on the store (for playtest and for fun)
-It is easier to put your game online and sell it at a profit
-The console will be (more) affordable at a price of $150 or less.

What do you guys think? Please comment!!
Not feasible.
I just talked with the shareholders. The lowest we can go is $499 at launch, and $399 two years later, then we release a slim model for $499 two years after that.
I think that if you are serious about doing this at some point in your lifetime, you will need to understand and acquire a lot more knowledge than you currently have.

1) If you don't know the hardware and software costs for the console, you have no way of knowing the consumer cost.

2) Game engine providers will need to have a great reason or be paid a few millions of $$$ to support the console, and probably both.

3) A shop costs money and needs to earn money.

Sadly, the console market is a beast of a market to get into. Actually, it's probably the worst product market to get into in the world. And with cloud gaming nearing it's head and VR and AR, the amount of competition for different experiences coming from a handful of world dominating companies is too much.

But, don't let that crush your dreams.
Will said IDE have compile 2 exe?
To keep costs low, it can only run batch files.