ID:2476544

BYOND Version:512
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 75.0.3770.80
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Hello, I've recently encountered an issue with how Byond is registering my CID on my brand new laptop. I play a game called Roleplay Tenkaichi and it uses the system Byond has available to block out multi-keyers. However, for some reason even though me and said person are in completely different areas and don't know each other - Byond seems to be registering our CID as the same thing.

Despite being on two different devices, on different IP's, and in different locations it doesn't seem to matter. My key is Sir Flexington and his is Arkadias. If there is anything that you can do to separate our CID's then that would be fantastic. Since the game is utilizing the anti-multi key system, we can't play until the other one is offline and its very frustrating.

If you need to contact me over my discord, mines is Logan da Lord#9156
I'm the guy linked with him
How do we fix it?
I'm looking into this now and can only tell you this isn't going to be an easy fix. I believe the problem stems from the laptop having some generic hardware that's reporting overly generic information, which causes problems for BYOND's fingerprinting.

As a short-term solution, I would strongly suggest that you contact the admins of any games you're having the problem with to alert them to the fact that there's a bogus computer_id linking you two.

Medium-term, I'm going to look into updating the ban system on the host's end to include a list of known "bad" computer IDs so that those are not taken into consideration. That change won't make it into 512.1471 however, as except for a couple of pending bug reports that's too near release. However I want to make it a priority for a 512 maintenance release.