ID:2476852

Happy Flag Day! 🇺🇸

Lots of 513 development went on this week, with some time set aside for bug investigations in 512.

You know I hate risking the wrath of the Friday curse, but 512.1471 has been waiting awhile and it's time to get that out there, especially as it now contains a sanity check that might patch a client crasher observed in some SS13 branches. I'm glad I gave it the extra week so it could include that patch, but it was definitely time to release. Still, there are a couple more bugs I'd like to get to, including one where I'm still waiting on feedback from the poster.

The exciting stuff is happening in 513 of course. I wanted to add alpha masking as a filter, and in the process I realized I wanted to throw in the ground work for a few other filters I'd had in mind. The result of this is that so far 513 has three new filters and counting: ripple, alpha, and displace. That's right, displacement map filters are a thing in 513. I'll discuss more of the possible filters I'm considering on this week's Patreon post.

I want to thank everyone who's gone to bat for BYOND with your Memberships and donations. Your support is paramount, and I'm hoping to pay off on that soon with an exciting new version.

Summer is one of my favorite times for BYOND gaming! It's time to put the platform's newer action-friendly features to work and make some killer action party games. Maybe one where we find whoever's doing all the rain-dancing this year and put a stop to it.
Maybe one where we find whoever's doing all the rain-dancing this year and put a stop to it.

This hit me harder than I care to admit
+3
+.exe