ID:2479125

Summer is officially here, and miraculously it isn't snowing. In my neck of the woods, this is the time of year school lets out, which is stupid; but they don't start up again until right after Labor Day, and starting school earlier is wrong and evil. I do give colleges a pass for starting slightly earlier.

Development pulled me in a few different directions again this week, working on 512 issues and also 513 stuff alike. I've got some good fixes lined up for the next 512 maintenance release, ranging from regular expressions to visual contents to the icon editor and map editor. A little bit of everything has been touched, it seems like.

The icon editor has a new feature to make it easier to insert or delete animation frames from an animated icon. Nadrew brought up the other day how highlighting a column and hitting Delete just clears the contents, which he thought was unintuitive; I quite agree. Now you can hit Shift+Insert and Shift+Delete to insert or delete columns in the movie editor area.

I did a little bit more minor refactoring to bring the map editor closer to parity with the client pre-renderer, mainly because I wanted to take advantage of the exact same sorting routines that are on the client and nix a bunch of redundant, outdated code. Eventually I'll have to bring the map editor to the point where its rendering can be replaced with the hardware renderer, which should be a very good thing indeed.

In 513 I now have more new filters added: color matrices, which can handle several color spaces besides RGB; radial blur; and angular blur. There's some cleanup work I want to do on how filter vars are interpreted, but I think once I figure that out and get 512.1472 out, I should be ready to button 513 up for alpha testing.

Yes, 513 is close! I wish it hadn't taken quite so long, but the scope of the Unicode project alone was enormous. I mean seriously, I was never sure we'd even see the day it'd happen, so this is exciting.

I'm out of ramen at the moment, which is more coincidence than anything else but it's a perfect opportunity to bring up that the fundometer has been a little pale this month. If you're not a BYOND Member yet, I hope you'll consider helping support the platform. If you already are a supporter through Membership, Patreon, or SubscribeStar, then you have my thanks.

Summer has always been an exciting time for gaming for me, especially the types of group "party" games BYOND has traditionally lent itself to. Makes me want to fire up a game of Laser Wars or Quickstep. For others, I know big sandbox RPGs with lots of monster hack-and-slash are more their speed. Whatever your pleasure is, have fun gaming this summer!
Lummox JR wrote:
I'm out of ramen at the moment

If you boil cardboard it's like poorman's ramen.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

You have to add 2 pounds of salt for every box side too.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Kozuma3 wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

You have to add 2 pounds of salt for every box side too.

4 pounds if you want to achieve waterfalls.