ID:2481906

My PC broke so I am on hiatus, I have no clue how to fix the issue as my two HDD both say disk read error and won't go further.
Disk read error upon bootup or when you're trying to access files from them?
During boot, I have 4 old PCs 2006-2008 and every configuration/hdd is resulting in error code 3F(sata port)
I'll probably just need a new HDD, copy of windows is gonna be a bitch
Mixed and matched motherboards and harddrives disconnected DVD drives, tried everything Dx
Got a gpu from a friend, gtx760 and power supply 500w, managed to connect them and have it running then it just died out of nowhere, bad timing for HDD error? Coincidence? God's hatred towards me? Iunno
Happen to try different SATA cables? If it's happening with multiple drives it points at it not being the drives themselves, or your motherboard is frying them as soon as you try them.

Since you tried with other motherboards it could just be the cables, or you actually killed the drives before trying them in another motherboard.
Probably fried everything -.-
When plugged in, do the disks make any noise as in trying to spin? If so, it's very possible to recover them, but it's finicky at best.
Yes they do, sounds like everything is running when started.
I've tried different cables, power connectors, ram, that round battery thing. I ran out of ideas so it's probably RIP. At least I had it working before it died lmao
Possibly something wrong with your partition or your boot sequence.
Run chkdsk and bootrec.
I would recommend getting a portable version of an OS, either Windows or Linux and slap it on a bootable USB drive, that way you can at least boot into an OS and use more tools to diagnose the HDD whether it's a software or hardware malfunction.
There's ways to recover HDDs by transplanting certain pieces of the HDD depending on which piece ultimately failed (circuit board, platter, etc) but it's realistically a one-time shot meant to transfer the data to brand new drives once you have access to the files.
Huzzah, it seems to be that both hard drives died at the same time, I have a usb with puppy Linux and it runs fine so.

Either gonna need someone to mail me a usb with windows or I'm gonna go to prison for torrenting it at the library.

Check the news yo
It's actually perfectly legal to download Windows 7 and 10 from Microsoft. Hardware failure doesn't make your license invalid. If you still have the key somewhere you can use that on a legally downloaded copy.
Appreciate that information
Who cares about the law anyway
In response to Sorry u lost
Sorry u lost wrote:
Who cares about the law anyway

Depends on the law
Was given a PC for spraying weed killer on a drive and trimming a tree line.

Dunno why he wanted me in a dress tho
plug HDDS in when just Power no Sata, put ear to them are they making a spin noise if so good.

do you hear a click sound if so BAD.

give it 4-5 mins are they extremely hot if so BAD

now yo you said you got a usb drive with puppy linux cool download a OS called BOOT IT and burn it to another USB or DVD.

plug in both HDDS and boot to the BOOT IT OS and do a FULL format and Restore. OR you can try using boot it to do a Fix before format then puppy linux to grab your data and upload it to a site like mediafire.