ID:2482341

A concise theoretical post, before I get ahead of myself. Say you have an original game, and would like to make good ol' family-friendly merchandise off of it. No problem so far. Now say you wanted to include BYOND itself in that merchandising, without it being the main focus. Is this something our beloved overlords care about?

Say, for example, you sell t-shirts with one design. That design has your game's logo featured front-and-center, and in a corner is the small BYOND atom, perhaps with some blurb like "Made with BYOND" -- because it is using the BYOND logo, I take it this may present issue. I feel like it's a helpful way to advertise both (and perhaps even deceitful to leave BYOND out of it) but obviously this is not a time when you "beg forgiveness rather than beg permission."

Thoughts? Other posts on merch never seem to go this route, AFAIK.
As the logo is copyrighted you can't really have it on something you'll be selling without some kind of permission.

In this case though I'd imagine nobody's gonna be too upset, as you're encouraged to include something similar on the game itself if you're using the standalone.

But those projects tend to generate a little revenue for BYOND itself in some way too, so you might have to discuss some kind of revenue sharing or something for things like that.