ID:2483139

Gather 'round, kids, it's early news day!

Sunday I got the idea in my head that the BYOND skin reference is a bit outdated and no longer serves very well as a single document separate from the true BYOND reference, so I made the stupid, stupid decision to merge them. I mean it was a good decision, but boy did it involve a lot of typing, and of the sort that involves lots of repetitive movements. However that project is done, and I feel really great about it.

Additionally, I've added BYOND version info to a number of features in the reference, going back to around 470 (which is probably overkill; I might pull back to just 500 and up). All of these reference changes will go into BYOND 513.

I've been on an optimization kick again as well, and I've actually found a few small improvements to eke out: one of them in the string tree, which could potentially be big—although by "big" I'm hoping for maybe a fraction of a percent performance boost at absolute best, but I do think that potential is there. I'll discuss them more in the Patreon post.

Those optimizations and a bunch of other fixes are in today's 512.1472 release. I know some SS13 players were waiting for this release especially, so I wanted to get it out before the holiday.

Speaking of said holiday, that's why the news is early. After abusing my hands and wrists (TYPING) this week they deserved some time off, so I'm gonna call it a four-day weekend.

While you're celebrating (or not celebrating, if this isn't one of your holidays), don't forget to throw some love BYOND's way. If you're not a Member or donor or Patron, it doesn't take very much and your support makes all the difference.

🎉🇺🇸🦅🗽🎆🎇
Have a happy and safe 4th. We're at a somewhat isolated and private lake every year and its a hoot. Great view of everyone around the entire lake burning money. Good times.
By the way, look forward to seeing the help changes. Having good help resources has always been near and dear to me.
There's a beach in the Boston area my family visited many times when I was a teenager and young adult. On July 3rd, there are bonfires and fireworks all up and down the beach. A part of my heart will always be there.