ID:2484461

Descriptive Problem Summary: Experiencing some odd lag directly after updating to Version 512.1472 when playing games on Dream Seeker, including on character creation screens on games in Dream Seeker (I tested high density and low density population servers including servers with just one other player and spanning multiple continents just to be sure, no changes in the amount of lag. Also tested various other games with the same effect - input lag as well as general environmental lag that you would overall experience with a high ping even when using nearby location servers which had no ping higher than 13 before updating). This is with BYOND update Version 512.1472 and using Dream Seeker to join/play games. Prior version 512.1464 of BYOND did not produce this issue, for some reason I didn't experience high ping using that version but now it's skyrocketed to over 500 in local servers. Just tried downgrading to version 512.1464 again but no change for some reason. I am using an AMD card, that wouldn't have anything to do with it would it?

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: 0, issue persists at all times.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) Previous version 512.1464 did not produce this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'll try and drop any information possible you might need. Thank you!
Moving this to BYOND Help because there isn't enough substance for a bug report; in fact it seems unlikely to be a BYOND bug at all. The fact that downgrading did not restore your condition to the way it was previously proves that something on your system is to blame.

High ping is either a problem on the network, or means something on your system is filtering the traffic and taking a lot of time to do it.
Thanks Lummox for suggesting that it's probably a network issue. It was just a really odd thing to happen directly after upgrading.

I allowed firewall changes to BYOND when requested after installing the updated version, so I'll look into revoking that to see if it helps.
Hey, I've fiddled with the network changes Space Station 13 requested to no avail.

I've checked my upload speed, download speed and my ping; all are good at 22Mb Down, 14Mb up and 5ms ping.

I'm not sure why I'm getting 800ms - 1500ms ping from both Eu and US servers?
Does tracert provide any information? It could be something on the upstream route.
After checking standard websites and one of the SS13 server sites, my maximum ping was 70ms.

It doesn't appear to be an upstream issue.
Hmm, tracert on the Byond site served a maximum 115ms ping from a serverna***** address which is a bit high actually.

Do you think there's an issue trying to directly connect to the servers with that kind of ping alone?

EDIT: The other pings were at their highest of 91ms, lowest being 15ms.