ID:2485508

Somehow I managed to injure my foot again. Possibly a sprain, possibly gout, but no way to tell really. This has basically derailed almost all development this week, so I don't have much in the news column. Getting up and down stairs with a foot injury is a difficult proposition, and in the last couple of days I had trouble enough just getting from the couch to the bathroom.

Monday night I did play around with the map editor, doing some more refactoring under the hood because it was pretty badly needed. Got to get rid of a bunch of lookalike functions like getPixelX() and replace them with getPixel(), that sort of thing. I had actually planned on looking into ways to reduce the memory footprint of the object tree, which is still kind of on my list.

Also, I added a proc section to the memory report, although it still needs work because it isn't catching certain kinds of "task-based" sleepers like winget(). Tuesday night I had a note to add those to the report, but then Wednesday happened.

So to make a short story even shorter, 513 testing and buttoning-up did not happen this week. Here's hoping next week will be better all around.

Thanks once again to all the Members, donors, and Patrons who've helped support the platform, even during this week of infirmity. As a thank-you, this week's Patreon post is open to all and is about speculation on an idea for BYOND 514.
Also, I added a proc section to the memory report [...]

Dope.

May you have a speedy recovery.