ID:2488737

BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 75.0.3770.142
Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Games no longer download interfaces through web client - causes games to not load

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Launch any game in Daemon that you havent played yet, or that has updated in skin since last you played
2. Attempt to join through webclient on WAN
3. It does not finish loading.

However, if you join on HOME (127.0.0.1), it loads the skin/interface, and then you can connect by WAN normally without errors.
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Literally just make a new environment and try it

Expected Results:
The webclient should load the skin, and allow players to enter the game

Actual Results:
It gets stuck loading the skin, does not continue

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? Tested using various games online at the time. Issue appeared in all of them. It loads all the resources except the interface, then just hangs. (Tested using Space Station 13 on a fresh install of windows and BYOND - Same results)
In other user accounts? Yes. Had various people trying at once after found bug
On other computers? Yes. Tried on several different devices, including phones, other OS's, and computers.

When does the problem NOT occur?
N/A

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
I have tried previous versions, but it appears to be affecting all, even previous versions where the webclient worked just fine. This leads me to think it's not a problem with the webclient's code, but rather how the website is handling it.

Workarounds:
No known workarounds for multiplayer usage.
Moved to Beta Bugs since all webclient errors go there. This actually needs to be reclassified as a software bug, and have a version number (full version and build) attached, because this is not a website issue at all.
As for a version number, I tested it with version 512.1472, and even with versions back in 511 (511.1348 was the last I tested).

Where previous versions had no issue with the web client initially, but now they all seem to have this issue, the only variable that would make sense for it to affect this kind of issue would be the website itself.

I checked the console in the browser during this. It gets to "Ready to begin play" in the console, then just hangs. However, if I load it up in the webclient at 127.0.0.1, rather than WAN IP, it finishes loading and I can use the client. Afterwards, returning to using WAN IP works until a new version is hosted with a change in skin.

I tested this on a different computer, attempting to use LAN IP to connect via webclient, but it doesnt work.
I'm experiencing this issue as well. No matter the platform, Internet access point, browser, or the server. I simply get a blank screen with a loading wheel and a full download bar. I've tried my own server and others servers. Trying in NEStalgia.
i get this issue as well

unable to load on the latest builds of Firefox and Chromium. i'm desperately trying to find a browser that will load BYOND through the webclient. Compiler doesn't seem to matter, even hosting old games won't let me connect on the Webclient.