ID:2492199

Resolved
Another cause of anomalous step_x/y values in the map editor was found.
BYOND Version:512
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 75.0.3770.142
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Adding new objects in the map editor adds step_x and step_y to the object's variables based on position of the mouse. This happens with "nudge as pixels" setting both on and off.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/249281120141574145/ 605544483106455554/unknown.png

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Going into map editor with a selected object. Clicking adds an object with step_x and step_y variables added.

2. Using "Insert Obj" or "Insert Above Topmost Obj" causes two instances to occur.

I notice that right-clicking causes the selection box to appear in off-grid areas. This occurs with the "nudge as pixels" setting on and off.

Expected Results:
Adding an object to the map without step_x and step_y

Actual Results:
Output object has step_y and step_x variables.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Issue always occurs, only occurred during update to latest version.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

This did not happen in previous builds.

Workarounds:
No workarounds.
As I know you can place an obj like this by holding "Alt" and it will add step_x and step_y automatically, it would be great if "nudge as pixels" setting would override this too
Oh, just tested RMB on the map editor and it really works how it shouldn't work. It's new version bug for sure

UPD: It appears not only by pressing RMB but every time you place an object, no matter how. Fix it please it's impossible to map.
I've noticed this issue as well.
Right-clicking on the object after placing and hitting "reset to default" fixes any offset, however naturally this also deletes any variables you had previously set.
So it's possible to bypass this, but a royal pain if you have a lot of items with variables that need to be set, or sub-types.
It's still a very annoying bug which won't allow you to map. I hope Lumox alreary saw and fixed it
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Another cause of anomalous step_x/y values in the map editor was found.