ID:2492337

My right foot recovered somewhat decently over this last weekend, but in a strange twist of fate, the amount that I've had to rely on my left foot for the last few weeks did some damage, and I ended up tweaking that one pretty badly. Currently I'm trying to rest that up and avoid ping-ponging between injuries here.

I did get to some development this week during the interim were sort of okay. There was a vexing bug with visual contents when the player was at a null location, which was hard to fix but worth it. There's also still a bug pending where the map editor appears to still be broken; I only just got the report on that to work with, and hopefully I can get to that first thing next week.

For 513, I got in a late feature where the [[...]] syntax in commands has been expanded. Previously, commands like on-size allowed the use of [[*]] to send the new value of whatever parameter had changed. Now this has been expanded to allow [[param]], [[parent.param]], or [[control.param]] to be used so other parameters can be sent along with the command without having to make a special call to winget().

Also for 513, I added inner-size and outer-size params to the window and pane controls. For windows, this gives you the current interior and exterior sizes, respectively, not the un-maximized interior size which the size param currently does. For panes, these params are useful when the pane is scrollable, and give you the dimensions of the display area without and with scrollbars, respectively.

That's largely the brunt of it, although I did get involved in an interesting investigation of a small "leak"—not really a leak, but more of a hidden reference—that was worth exploring in today's Patreon post.

So the news is short and sweet again, unfortunately, but I'm hoping I'm nearly at the end of this injury business and can get back on track as soon as possible. Thanks everyone who's helped support BYOND this past month. I promise I'm still doing the best I can to get you awesome new features!
I tried to sum it up in a picture.
https://i.imgur.com/7Bvljhy.jpg