ID:2492504

Resolved
output() to a specific control wasn't working right when the << operator was overloaded under the world object.
BYOND Version:512
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 75.0.3770.142
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Basically the skin/interface flips out. My project currently uses a grid with text information on top of an output for world chat (as in, a child with a horizontal divide). When I run the game, the grid appears where the output should for some reason. The text is all wonky. Also, garbage collection breaks entirely.

You are going to need my source to see this in action. It is as simple as running the game in a build before 1474, then again in 1474+, and observing the differences.

I can Discord you, or you can Discord me. Mention me in the BYOND Discord or DM me. (Discord: OG#7136)

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? I've only been able to reproduce it in my source, due to some unique blend.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

BYOND versions before 1474.

Please retest this in 1475. It's entirely likely 1474's other issues are in play.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
output() to a specific control wasn't working right when the << operator was overloaded under the world object.