ID:2495389

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
It's been 18 years since I wrote Dantom.zipfile using a super barebones technical document Dan gave me, and 10 years since the last maintenance update.

This library is 100% internal hooks plus a few little helper functions that equate to around 50 lines of code. There's a ton of features it lacks, such as being able to Open() an existing zip and modify it or Import() failing to flush the zip when it finishes.

It's also impossible to specify the directory to create the zipfile in, and/or specify paths as the second argument to Import(), which is probably because it never implemented the newer path lookup code (since that feature actually worked when I wrote the thing). There's also the fact Import() uses the full path to the file instead of the relative path, so you end up with zipfiles with paths like "Users/[username]/Documents/path/to/yourgame/path/to/file.txt" (that's a bug, it probably deserves its own report...).

So it would be pretty great if the internals the library uses could be improved/updated, or just bake the thing into the language since it's pretty much baked into it already.

The biggest things are: Fixing how it handles directories, allowing it to open and modify existing zips, and flush the file after writes like Import() so you don't have to Close() it to copy/download the contents (since closing it makes it impossible to modify further).