ID:2496554

Resolved
client.view wasn't respected when set at compile time. This has been changed for all projects compiled in 512 or later.
BYOND Version:512.1477
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 76.0.3809.100
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Setting the client view under /client isn't respected, the client's view value is whatever you set it as, but the display is world.view's set value.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Set client.view what whatever value under /client.
2) Run game.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
client
view = "20x15"
New()
..()
world << view // outputs 20x15, but the view size displayed is world.view size ( 5 by default )
// Adding view = "20x15" or view = view here resolves the issue.

Expected Results:
client's view to be displayed based on it's value and not that of world.view.

Actual Results:
client's view value isn't respected.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? yes
In other games? yes
In other user accounts? yes
On other computers? unknown

When does the problem NOT occur?
Issue doesn't occur if you set client.view's value under /client/New() or anywhere else that changes the value at run-time.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
Set client.view's value under /client/New() or anywhere else that changes the value at run-time.
Hrm, I think this is a known issue and probably already has a bug report, but I'll look into it. If I wasn't able to fix it before I really ought to be now.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
client.view wasn't respected when set at compile time. This has been changed for all projects compiled in 512 or later.