ID:2502037

The word of the day is "autoimmune". At any rate it appears something along those lines is the reason I've been so laid up this summer, having nothing to do with an actual injury at all. I seem to be on the mend, finally, and with any luck this time it'll stick.

Fortunately 512 has been in very good shape since the release earlier this week, which dealt with a few more issues, so I feel very good about it and that means I've been able to plow forward with the last touches on BYOND 513. Right now, I'm looking to have things buttoned up and ready for private beta release as of early next week. I'm hoping to put 513 through some of its paces that way before going with a wider release.

The impulse to add even more new features was there, but the ideas on my mind—mainly, support for massively improved shadowcasting—aren't mature enough yet, and will probably have to look forward to another version. I also tried some more to get color emojis to work in 513, even though that can wait till a later 513 build, because the way the output control didn't show them was frustrating me; and it still is, because it's a thorny problem with poor documentation.

I know August is a slow month, but if you haven't become a BYOND Member yet, I hope you'll consider it; it doesn't take much at all to support the platform, and for those of you returning to school it even fits your budget. As for the rest of you who already show your support through Memberships, donations, Patreon, or SubscribeStar, I thank you sincerely for contributing and plan to keep working to make BYOND better for all of you.

Fall is just around the corner! This is my favorite time of year for BYOND, because it's when I first joined. Fall has always seemed like a time for new projects and challenges and discoveries, and for games both engrossing and silly. And in the spirit of silly fun, I wish you all a great weekend.
Lummox JR wrote:
I know August is a slow month, but if you haven't become a BYOND Member yet, I hope you'll consider it; [...] donations, Patreon, or SubscribeStar, [...]

Is there a level of contribution that would entice you to open-source the webclient (ID:2466191)? You can get me on the hook for a 5-year membership and your various other revenue platforms with a bait like that.

As an added bonus you can win free fixes to things like ID:2488737 and ID:2425520, and potentially a free macOS client without ever having to touch an Apple product yourself.
ha ha do you have a spare 150k or so?