ID:2504586

This week development has continued with a couple more issues showing up in 512, which was otherwise looking super stable, that needed addressing in a new build. One of the issues revolved around visual contents not being measured correctly on the server, but it was on the small side; the other was a regression with filter animations that I needed to take care of right away. So mid-week, 512.1479 was born.

I can't say that will be the last 512 release, but it will be the last sequential 512 release. If there's another 512, its minor build number will be over 1480.

That means what you think it means! 513 is now out in private beta and undergoing some first looks. I ran into a few snags building it, where things turned out not to work right in release mode that had worked in debug, or where code that isn't active in debug mode suddenly showed up to the compiler which went "Huh?!" Good times. After the build was successful, none of the programs would start, because of an issue on the backend that I'm surprised never showed up in 512 or earlier builds. Weird stuff, but it's sorted out.

So far two bugs were uncovered in the first build, one of which got fixed right away and the other I'll be correcting in a new release today or tonight. Dream Maker was mangling compilation order because the drop-in replacement string class I used did things differently than Microsoft did, and also there was a bizarre problem with the updated regex engine that was apparently caused by junk data. However most of the testers aren't likely to do too much till the weekend, so come Tuesday there should be a lot of interesting stuff to go through. Odds are I'll be on the ball with a couple of fixes over the weekend too, despite the holiday.

The month of August is winding down, and as we all know summer ends on Labor Day. Not officially of course, but no one really counts the autumnal equinox for anything in that regard. With the end of the month here, the fundometer could use some last-minute TLC. If you haven't become a Member or signed up for Patreon, now's a great time to show your support, especially with an exciting new version in the wings. This weekend marks my BYONDiversary, so this time of year always reminds me of the best of BYOND and what it can be.

I hope you're all the best you can be this fall, too. Let's ramp up those gaming projects as a distraction from jobs and school, and make the most of new features. And get a steak on the grill while you still can.

🍂🏈🍁