ID:2504915

Is there a way to set a default position for where a window appears when you use browse()?

BYOND seems to not like dual monitors very much and when I use something like....

usr << browse(LOG,"window=LOG;size=705x675;border=0;can_close=1;can_resize=1;can_minimize=1;titlebar=1")

on dual monitors, if the game is on the left-hand monitor, the window opens in the center of the screen but if the game is on the right-hand monitor, the window opens off the right-hand side of the screen and the only way to see it is to drag the edge slightly on to the screen so that I can move it fully on to the screen.

So is there a way I can pre-define the position of the window? top-left corner of the screen for example.
To be honest, the browse() proc is just poorly implemented and has so many limitations that I wouldn't even recommend using it.

For the best results, and most flexibility, you should use the method I described on this post. You should read everything on that page, including the responses, to understand how to use it.

Note that you can use either a file or a string for the output() call.