ID:2509545

It's starting to feel like fall, and the trees know it too. Perfect time to stay indoors and make some games!

Most of this week has been taken up with 513 work, as the beta testers have been finding a few issues here and there—as have I—to fix. Currently I have yet another regex issue to look into, which isn't terribly surprising considering the regex engine had an overhaul, and some miscellany that will likely result in a new version for the testers this weekend. In case you were wondering, 513 currently stands at build 1482.

As part of those changes I also redid how the pager handles chat. Instead of the very old-school version of showing the name and timestamp on every line, consecutive lines from the same user are grouped together in a more Discord-like fashion. This was trickier than it sounds. I also changed the way the dates display in pager chat; I may make similar changes in a few other places.

A couple of issues have cropped up in 512 as well. Turns out there's a bug in the ?. operator when it's on the left-hand side of an assignment, so I'm gonna have to block some time out to flush that sucker out, and there seems to be a rendering issue impacting a small subset of users that I'm trying to diagnose.

Overall things are chugging along quite nicely, so I'm hoping 513 can be done with the private beta relatively soon and get out to the masses for loads of improved effects.

Today it's both Friday the 13th and a full moon. If you feel the need for some extra good luck, why not search your couch cushions and help support BYOND? You can become a Member, donate outright, or contribute more regularly through Patreon or SubscribeStar. And if you've already done that, thanks! Your support matters a lot.

Don't forget we're like 6 weeks and change away from Halloween. Now's the time to get your seasonal games ready!
Patreon/SubscribeStar should be cross-posted to this when made public/free :D