ID:2510783

I really don't know how to explain this in full but I did something in the past week that accidentally made mobs be able to click on atoms they can't see through opaque walls. In other words, the build in vision code that determines which objects can and cannot be seen is drawing a black box over which turfs I'm not supposed to see, but the black tiles themselves don't have any mouse opacity which lets me see the contents underneath when I'm not supposed to.

For mobs, my sight flags are:
sight = SEE_SELF | SEE_PIXELS

For atoms, my appearance flags are:
appearance_flags = LONG_GLIDE | KEEP_TOGETHER

For my plane layers, the defines are:
#define PLANE_FLOOR -3

#define PLANE_WALL -2

#define PLANE_OBJ -1

#define PLANE_MOB 0

#define PLANE_EFFECT 4

#define PLANE_AREA 5 //Or weather

#define PLANE_LIGHTING 6

#define PLANE_INJURY 7

#define PLANE_ALWAYS_VISIBLE 8

#define PLANE_HUD 9

#define PLANE_HUD_OBJ 10

#define PLANE_MAP 99

#define PLANE_MAP_TEXT 100

Thank you for the help.
I don't think it makes a ton of sense for turfs, objs, and mobs to be drawn on different planes from one another. But I'd have to see something more concrete to figure out why the mouse is hitting objects hidden by blackness. The black tiles from SEE_PIXELS or SEE_BLACKNESS (always on plane 0) should be completely preventing mouse hits beneath them, and if they're not then that's a bug.

If you can provide me an example project (with source) I can take a look. You can send me a link to a .zip file via the pager.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I don't think it makes a ton of sense for turfs, objs, and mobs to be drawn on different planes from one another. But I'd have to see something more concrete to figure out why the mouse is hitting objects hidden by blackness. The black tiles from SEE_PIXELS or SEE_BLACKNESS (always on plane 0) should be completely preventing mouse hits beneath them, and if they're not then that's a bug.

If you can provide me an example project (with source) I can take a look. You can send me a link to a .zip file via the pager.

While doing some random testing of my own, I discovered that SEE_PIXELS was the culprit. Removing that helped.

The github for the project is here, you can download the ZIp there if you wish: https://github.com/BurgerLUA/burgerstation