ID:2511106

This week a lot of bug miscellany came up that needed some attention, some of it this past weekend. The smaller issues were as usual the more interesting ones, which included a problem with the way the ?. operator compiled, and an issue with vis_contents turfs sometimes appearing in the wrong place. So there were three 512 releases this week.

I also had a report from someone about a crasher bug, and while I don't know what sparked the underlying indirect cause of it, I believe the direct cause was junk data. This prompted me to go ahead with a refactor I wanted to do years ago and simply kept putting off because it seemed like such a pain, but in the end I think it was the right thing to do. Specifically, I changed the way some internal objects like regex, database objects, icon-math objects, etc. were handled in a way that should make everything a bit more stable. So that went into the latest 512 (build 1485) as well.

Private beta testing for 513 has been proceeding well. Things are looking good enough that I'm probably going to open that up very soon. A lot of the front-end glitches have been ironed out, although there are still a couple of wrinkles to take care of including one I noticed myself yesterday. But it's looking good!

The last real week of summer is long gone, but the last official week is now coming to an end as well, and the autumnal equinox is nigh. As you're getting into the swing of your schedule and looking to make or play some BYOND games to help keep your sanity (or lose it; I won't judge), don't forget to help support the platform via Membership or the donation box, or our Patreon or SubscribeStar options. And big thanks everyone who's already done so, because you're the reason I go the extra mile. I've said it before, but this is my favorite season for BYOND gaming. I've even spent a little time dusting off some work myself, which is helping things like 513 along and helps inspire new features down the road.

Have a great weekend!