Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2512557

Applies to:Suggestions idk

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
As we all know(And have seen). Whenever Hobbit decided to update/reboot the server; Everyone rushed the mineral veins to harvest them.

While having a permanent source of resource income can sound cool, it can be unfair especially to new players.

SO!

To avoid that problem from occuring again, i think the mineral veins locations should be COMPLETELY randomized upon every reboot. Give a meaning to actually going to struggle to find dem minerals

(RIP dudes who note the minerals locations in notepads lol)
I can see both sides of the argument here. And I sort of like being able to know where to mine. I also don't think someone should be able to have this power for the entirety of a wipe.

My personal opinion is to either do as Max Steel said, and then make a tech item that acts as a resource radar; or instead to randomize mineral veins every few in game years.
Agreed +1 100% stop trying to get meta veins you losers.
+1 I've always agreed with this idea when it was brought up before. There shouldn't be markings on veins.
+1, Love this idea, makes it so its less of a rush every time veins refill, I understand this may make load times abit more painful but I'm sure everyone can handle another 15 seconds, 30 seconds so meta vein nerds don't have to make notepads (also makes my life much easier..)
I'm mixed about the suggestion.

If we're taking true randomness, than no

If we're talking pseudo randomness, giving a guarantee that each planet will have more than say 1 vein of a rare metal, sure.
In response to Manly-pink
Manly-pink wrote:
I'm mixed about the suggestion.

If we're taking true randomness, than no

If we're talking pseudo randomness, giving a guarantee that each planet will have more than say 1 vein of a rare metal, sure.

do you know what "programming" means?
Everyone's all for randomizing the veins until everyone has to go hunting every time the server reboots. Think the situation everyone's having of "Gosh dang it, I can't find any mystille," and multiply that to everytime a reboot happens.

It does make sense if there's so much demand that you literally can't find a spot to dig, but if that's the spot in the wipe you're at, randomized veins won't be a thing that'll help.

Early wipe? Just dig somewhere else, and ignore what the other person is doing. In a realistic scenario the minerals aren't going to move just because god sneezed; even if that is a hilarious thought to think of. So marking down where on the map that precious metal is, isn't far off from what would actually happen.

Middle, Late wipe? Get over it, and compete for digging rights. People will tear up an entire continent if no one else is digging, and they want more resources. So randomizing won't affect that.

In all, the only thing I think this will do is make it more irritating for people in general to get the minerals they want, and need just because one person doesn't like how quick the other got their stuff.
+1
In response to SuperWilhelm
Of course I do, All I'm saying is, there's true randomness and there's Pseudo randomness.

Truly randomized Mineral Veins mean that you could just as like have a planet that's rich in stone as much as having a planet that's rich in Mystille.

Pseudo Randomness is when you have a planet that still matches the mineral profile, while just more or less shuffling the Veins of minerals around.

But the more I read Misk's reply, the more I agree with them and feel myself siding more with the No side of randomization.
In response to ItsMisk
ItsMisk wrote:
Everyone's all for randomizing the veins until everyone has to go hunting every time the server reboots. Think the situation everyone's having of "Gosh dang it, I can't find any mystille," and multiply that to everytime a reboot happens.

It does make sense if there's so much demand that you literally can't find a spot to dig, but if that's the spot in the wipe you're at, randomized veins won't be a thing that'll help.

Early wipe? Just dig somewhere else, and ignore what the other person is doing. In a realistic scenario the minerals aren't going to move just because god sneezed; even if that is a hilarious thought to think of. So marking down where on the map that precious metal is, isn't far off from what would actually happen.

Middle, Late wipe? Get over it, and compete for digging rights. People will tear up an entire continent if no one else is digging, and they want more resources. So randomizing won't affect that.

In all, the only thing I think this will do is make it more irritating for people in general to get the minerals they want, and need just because one person doesn't like how quick the other got their stuff.

Get good bro, if you want things you have to work for it, not just find it once, take a screenshot/drop a pebble and come back everytime
-1 I think that the mining system we already have is balanced enough. I had no issue memorizing one specific place I can find both titanium and mystille that no one else knows about. Just use landmarks like miners irl do.
the issue i can see with the mineral veins being randomized is i don't honestly know if you can randomize the mineral 'veins'. or at least make them as quick & timely as they are now with each reboot.

If we get fully randomized 'veins' where the mineral spots are all random, it'd be 10x more difficult to find a vein of the mineral you're looking for until you grab a drill.