Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2513249

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Right now in the current game of genesis, there's no reason to eat any other food besides leg meat from animals. Since Hunger/Thirst doesn't affect gains past 100% you can just eat leg meat and never need to eat anything else unless you really want to RP eating something different for the sake of RP.

This system intends to change that, in a way that's not cumbersome, but encourages you to eat all kinds of different foods, while also not forcing you to do it, if you really would rather just eat leg meat.

The way the main idea of the system would work, is you'd see in your stats tab, near where the Hunger % is, you'll see a thing called "Nutrition" As you eat different foods like Vegetables/fruits/any foods from the cutting board and any meat from animals, you'll see it go up slowly. As it slowly goes up, you'll get a small boost to your gains until it caps out at 100% (The time it takes to get to 100% Should at least be like a couple of days of eating different stuff) the thing is, any food with a different name than the food you ate before, would give you a little bit more nutrition till you reach the cap of 100%. The more steps that a food has to take to be made (I.E Food that needs to be prepared using the cutting board) should give slightly more nutrition then food that takes only 1 step to prepare (I.E Meat from Animals, Vegetables)

(Version A) The System will track the last two food items you've eaten. So that means if you've eaten 1 steak and 1 leg meat you should consider eating something different. However, if you can't eat something different for whatever reason (Perhaps you can't find seeds or get water for crops) You'll be given 1 mulligan where you can eat it without it affecting your nutrition and you'll be given a message encouraging you to try to eat something differently.

What happens at 100%? You'll get the max boost you can get from this system would be between 35-50% (Final ratio can be decided by opinion/Hobbit) But it would be nowhere near as strong as soup gains. It should be noticeable enough to encourage people to eat different foods, but not too strong that people who just want to be lazy and eat dinosaur meat don't get punished either. It's just a system that encourages diet diversity. However, even as you're just starting out to get nutrition you'll still see a boost, so you'll get a boost even when just starting out on it.

(Version B) HOWEVER there is another way the idea can be implemented. Where food items are broken into different food groups. Like Meats would be put in a meat group, and Vegetables would be in a vegetable group, Grains/Carbs would be in the Grains/Carb group and Fruit would be in the fruit group (Obviously you'd know what item was in what group). A couple of things would change in this implementation of the Nutrition system. Instead of only being able to eat one type of the same food once, you get less and less nutrition from eating the same food group until eventually your nutrition would start to fall. (I imagine you could eat in the same food group about 4-5 times before your nutrition would start to wither away)

In both Implementations of the idea however, you will be able to see the last two food items you've eaten, that way you can plan around what kind of food item you'll want to eat as opposed to trying to remember what you last ate.

Namekians even though they don't eat food, they'll naturally get nutrition at a slightly slower rate per water drank. This way they'll still be able to participate in the system.

TL:DR You get rewarded for eating different types of food, instead of just eating the same type of food all the time. (It is not Hunger gains, it has no ties to hunger)

If you agree, you can vote which version you'd like to see added between Version A and Version B.

If you disagree with this idea say why you disagree so it can be tweaked/changed.
I myself am a Fan of Version A, I think 35% boost is pretty balanced for the work of this mechanic.
Version A
you mean... i cant eat only soup...?
In response to Dogplantt
I meeean, Nothing's stopping you from doing it. Buuuuut that's not very nutritious. lol
I think Version A would work much better