Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2514305

Resolved

This issue has been resolved.
Reviving as a Kai shouldn't be so detrimental. Yes it has been abused in the past on Generations but that can simply be watched by admins on Genesis. I get that people don't want to look out for it but at the same time everyone shouldn't be punished.

In general people see death on the game as such a bad thing they would rather remake over promoting RP. Kais themselves can't even fully promote RP because it ends up screwing them in the end if they die for the sole point of reviving one person. It shouldn't be handed out like candy but it shouldn't be stupidly rare. Allow Kai's to reward people for actively staying in the afterlife.

My suggestion is to switch up how Kai revive works. So instead of a chance to die every time give the Kai one of four options to pick from. For example, Decline Loss (Random % up to about 8% of decline), Chance of Death (15%), Personal Gains loss (5%), Permanent energy loss up to 40%. After a revival that specific Kai goes on a cooldown for a random amount of time between 5-20 years before they can revive again.

It is simply to help promote RP for the afterlife. Because nothing feels worse than watching potential RP show up as a Kai only for them to go "Screw this I'm remaking." Solely because they have the idea that Kai will never revive them for any reason.
100% Agree. As somebody who played a Kai who rewarded people for staying in the AL on Generations, I can tell you the times when I revived made me bite my nails, knowing that at any point I could die. I'd MUCH RATHER get a resource, even if it's a resource that could hurt in the end, to revive then to take the chance of dying just to try and revive one person.
I agree with the sentiment of this post.
I agree 100% with this.
I give this post a thumbs up.
Definitely should have the cooldown near 20 years or more though.
I'm behind this but I do have some criticisms. Nothing against, just a counter suggestion, maybe a soul who was given keep body'd get a higher chance of having an alive baby, IE, instead of theoretical 10% chance the child will be alive, 50% chance the child will be alive, If it's with an alive person that is. I'm just throwing out other things that could also give a person a reason to stay in the AL, as having an alive child in the AL is very similar to being revived.
I agree. It goes both ways as well. On many RP games/wipes I've died and decided to stay and RP in the afterlife. One time that was about 30-40 game years before I finally realized it wasn't happening and quit.

I love the idea of afterlife in the series, and bringing together AL races and LR races make for really fantastic and dynamic RP that often gets neglected or overlooked because of that purpose. People are afraid they'll never get revived, and given how important kais are in the afterlife that's understandable why Kais don't just go around bringing everyone back. This method would help balance that, promote and reward RP. This is also true when those people return to the living realm, having tons of new material to spread RP in the LR.
I agree but I afraid the risk of personal gain loss will turn Kais off from reviving people no matter how small the loss is.

So I think the cooldown should be 20 years or more and always take 25% energy while always losing 15% decline and 15% chance of instant death. This is just my opinion tho and it is far from perfect :P
I personally think we should keep Kai Revive to have a chance at dying or not, but instead of just dying and becoming a ghost... Those who use Kai Revive and die should get to also keep their body in the Afterlife, y'know?
Well...Hobbit has already changed kai revive in a way that makes sense already. iirc the closer to decline a kai is the greater chance of death. Not sure if there's a cooldown though but there should be regardless, something like 50 years instead of 5-20 sounds better considering kai life span
I'm good with this. We'd just have to work out what exactly they should be giving up, but it's a step in the right direction.
I'm not sure how to feel about this suggestion. Reviving could be *slightly* more forgiving, but remaking is an important part of the cycle of life and death in the game. Ultimately, not everyone is worth reviving, and remaking ensures that the majority of the playerbase is in the living realm where it belongs.

With the exception of the permanent energy cost (which should just be removed), I feel that the rest of the options are decent, they just need amping up in percentages. I also like the idea of the younger the Kai is, the higher percent of bad shit happening to them. This will encourage Kai to direct souls to the elder Kai who have worked on their gains long enough to properly value them against the prospect of revival, as well as being around long enough to tell if the character is worth bringing back.
In response to Trazz666
Well see, here's the thing. I want to see this expanded to the Demons as well. (Arguably it should be even easier for a demon to do it) The whole reason that this should happen though, is that right now even if it's either a % chance of death that rises when you get older or a default %, you yourself are still risking your life to revive somebody else. I'd much rather risk another resource (albiet it should be harder than just the chance of death) to revive souls with the fact that I'd get put on a down time afterwards (Meaning no revive abuse or reviving 15 people in a conga line) This means that you as either the SPK, GK, or one of the Cardinals can make the decision that's based on how you value your worth as a character. And I get it, the dead are supposed to remain dead, but when revives JUST have a chance of death, you get people who are legit revive phobic and will NEVER use the skill. (Unless it's a meta revive ofc) Giving Kais (and Demons) different options to sacrifice other things besides just "Lol don't die" Would mean that you'd have Kais who would be valuing souls, but at the same time, you wouldn't have as many Kais being revive phobic either. It's the best of both worlds.
UnknownHobbit resolved issue