Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2514782

Resolved
Applies to:

This issue has been resolved.
So kill mode=I'm gonna freaking kill you if you go ko you loser

But sometimes you wanna be able to break or tear off limbs to punish someone or when you're just having a serious but not lethal fight with someone else. And also accidentally cutting off someone's arm is pretty ridiculous as it's something you really have to aim to do in order to do it, SO.

Spar mode: Basic mode everyone should chill in, You can only do vital damage, nothing else.

Serious mode(More appropriate name can be made): You do vital damage and limb damage, but it's understood that you do not plan on doing any kind of killing whatsoever if and when someone becomes ko'd.

Kill Mode: You do the above but assure you are trying to kill the person. There is no mistaking the intention of this individual when they have the words under their icon that they do aim to end the life of the person they are attacking.

+1 I like the idea
Yes. This should have already existed.
I 100% Agree with this suggestion. It seems weird that maybe you want to yanno punish somebody but not kill them, yet you need to go into kill mode to do any damage. So having a third mode that's inbetween makes a LOT of sense.
This is less of a mechanical issue, and more of a rules/wording issue. There should be spar mode, and normal mode. The implication being that normal mode is the default, and when it's a friendly spar you go out of your way to hold back. Calling it 'killmode' and making rules specifically stating to not use it unless you plan on killing has been, and in it's current form always will be a detriment to the game as a whole.

Back on DBG, it was called sparmode because you were switching to a sparring stance for practice. If you were going to punish an unruly Saiyan for questioning your orders, but not outright splatting his brains on the wall, you would turn spar mode off and beat the lesson into him.

The mechanics are already in the game, but because the game was built with such an extreme aversion to a perceived 'zenkai abuse', it was made with the current ruling that makes dealing actual damage but in a non-lethal way impossible.

And as for clarifying whether someone intends on killing you if you drop or not, I would say that's an RP issue, not a "They didn't have the red words under their icon" issue.

(And as an aside, I think a rampaging oozaru should have sparmode off during their rampage because it makes sense, and it adds some actual danger to the big-ass monkey stomping around)
Idk what you were trying to get at but I'll assume you agree
In response to Trazz666
No, Trazz. It's not just a rule/wording issue. The game literally does not damage limbs unless you're in kill mode. You cannot use kill mode unless you have the intent to kill, which also defeats the purpose of attempting to find other ways to punish a person for XYZ.

It's both a mechanic and wording issue.
In response to Dogplantt
No, it's strictly a wording issue. The mechanics are already there. If you renamed 'Kill mode' to 'Ouchie mode' and removed the rule saying you can only kill when Ouchie mode is on, that suddenly opens up the possibility of breaking or even removing limbs as punishment.

Literally the only purpose of having a separate 'Serious' mode and 'Kill' mode would be to OOCly announce that you intend on killing the person, which should be clear via roleplay anyways.
UnknownHobbit resolved issue