Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2514783

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Yeah. So. We've all been there. You're like, 5th gen. There's no females left and you gott bio tank your best friend. It's stupid.

With the Gene Splicer or whatever it's called now where you can removed literal strips of DNA from your body and make yourself pure blooded, why not be able to entirely SWAP genders so we're not all forced to be one gender later in the wipe unless you're a first gen.

This could be for any race and gender, including neuters. Sure you can add limitations, like.. you can't turn a Saiyan neuter, but you -can- make a Saiyan BIO TANK ONLY. (that's a thing)

Or a Neuter Alien into MALE OR FEMALE. I think this would be a cool idea.
I both agree and disagree with this suggestion.

It's like the choosing genders when you mate kind of thing. You'll have a shit ton of people choosing to be male cause nobody would want to RP as being female, thus leading exactly to the situation you're talking about.

I'd say I'm 50/50 on it. Obviously personal choice matters but if you were allowed to just change your gender, then you'll have a situation like Docky had mentioned before where everybody would be one gender and bio tanking would need to happen to mate.
Leiden
I can see where this idea would fit within the game. My problem with it is implementing it in a way that makes it so people can't just rainbow saiyan their way to being the most powerful, and then just purifying themselves later on. Maybe it shoots your gains in the foot, because your body had its foundation ripped out from under it?

I can definitely agree with the genderswap mechanic of this idea. It's one of those things that I can see being used for RP, shits and giggles, and the mechanical purpose of mating.

As long as these techs would be relatively expensive, and have a reasonable drawback for their effects on your character; I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented.
??? Misk, you've never seen gene splicing before? For each percent of your DNA you wanted to purify, it'd take that much % of your mods.

I was suggesting adding a gender splicer to it so we don't get a bunch of the same gender running around. Or people losing their gender entirely and being forced to Bio-Tank
Just make it to when you biotank the offspring has a 50/50 chance of being male or female, problem solved, you're welcome.