Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2518025

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Suggestion to stop the spamming/ pain of catching someone who runs as a chaser

You had three rounds of combat. If you best the person with the skill set you have (which like I said there are indeed ccs and other tricks you can learn over time to stop heavy hitters, people who run, speed fighters, etc. The combat system is so in-depth that the fights that go on that is just FA or beam rotation doesn’t work In your favor for more than 1 round.)

You can rp fleeing but roll a 100 dice which directly is Intuned with your stats so if you’re a large body, it’s likely you won’t out roll a speed build u less you’re lucky or have a true means of getting out like I.T.

Upon combat finishing and you roll, I believe it’s the choice of the rpers if the roll is lethal, causes an injury, or you leave unscathed/captured. And if you lose, you rp accordingly.
See, I completely disagree with this, because this ends up fucking over one body type for another, but also any other way this'll fuck over weaker people who are trying to flee from stronger people.

The thing about balancing running vs Chasing is that one side is going to have the advantage. There's no real "good" way to balance both sides, because both sides are completely different. I do agree on eliminating grime from people running. Like maybe if you power down to 100% your flying speed should be limited slightly. Or maybe make a mechanical way that if you're getting chased you can't go into a ship/camp out for 5 minutes before leaving the planet.

But like I said, I'd ALWAYS air on the side of the runner, because a runner will able to comeback and be able to get stronger to give a more juicy opponent for the villain to fight. But if you give more power to the attacker, then all you're allowing is just more ability to murder bone people.
I agree with adding rules that somewhat restrict running and/or penalize it. Though I do not have much of an idea as to how.
In response to Phantasm5710
I don't think there should be rules to restrict the action of running. I think there needs to be a mechanical way that makes running more unfeasible every time you do.

Something like a battle damage kind of thing. Where each time you run and you get caught and incur more battle damage, it gets harder to run away at your full strength. Pretty much like the current limb system should affect your strength/speed. Meaning if you end up with a bunch of red limbs in a fight, you'll probably not end up running away.
In response to Phantasm5710
I agree. It’s hard to truly balance out, but I guess in a dbz setting sadly most people would die if the killer was truly wanting to kill them... but then again I think this opens up more roleplaying chances for people to be forced into an army or ya know do certain things like gather the extra dragon ball and have a real consequence. The real reality was nobody could truly out run a stronger enemy.. but I see what you mean, and this is all ideas and debates so I definitely like other options to this. I’m just trying to tone down crappy RP players who just troll/want to be a**holes and run cause it’s easy to do.
In response to Wayne510
I mean yeah I agree, to a point. But I don't think the way to solve it is just throwing out the current rules and adding new ones. I think the issue is, Players should have their own agency when it comes to making decisions. I REALLY don't like stunting RP because "Oh I've had 5 people run away from me" I feel like there's a much better way of handling it mechanically instead of needing to put more admin red tape around running. Like what I mentioned about with a suggestion like battle damage, where getting into repeated battles without letting your body fully heal could maybe cause you to not be able to run as fast, causing you to not be able to escape. Yanno stuff like this.
In response to Manly-pink
That’s a nice way to go about it... but yeah people normally run and it gets frustrating overall... it just kills a bunch of rp... but then Again I personally feel like if somebody is freiza tier to a krillin tier... the freiza tier just has that advantage... it really comes down to people not lolzy killing people.
In response to Wayne510
I mean, I kind of understand why people run. They see you as a threat to their character, hence why if you put them in a combat scenerio they can't win, people will often run, as they don't know your intentions if you're going to kill them, take a limb, or force them into servitude. For all they know, you're going to fuck up their character so they can't fight you, and what's the only way to gaurentee that can't happen? You run away. Either that or you call a bunch of your friends to help fight with them.

Like I said, running I don't think is the problem at all, as much as it is with the fact that everybody does it. Which is why there needs to be a mechanic that would discourage always running.
Run rules from dbg aren't good? If you ran you literally had five minutes to get away from the person and if you meet again before the timer ends you both have to RP again.

If you successfully get away within five minutes and they don't see you or notice you on screen you're good to log out/flee to another planet seeing that's what people do when they run anyway.

This sounds too complicated for no reason on top of that you're being punished for running away if you're getting caught.
In response to Matokushin
With those rules its pretty much RP again just to drag it out longer.. run away again. which isnt a bad thing but Its really the fact that its hard to really beat someone who is fleeing. in a 2d game where people can zanzo, side run its been many trolls who just run from rp. Thats pretty much the situation thats trying to get burried. It's discouraging for villains, I think and bad for rp in general.
I see what you mean. Running is easily done without much repercussions from the person running. Maybe we had a system set up of some sort. Dice rolls are too RNG. We can't see stats nor averages of others.. People with high powerlevel shouldn't be subjected to catch everyone that tries to run...

Forcing people to walk would eventually become inevitable as stats rise, people will normally have the same walk speed.
In response to Matokushin
I mean, Should we really have a way to stop running?

I mean I could see a sort of system where when you get damaged too much, you'll be forced to walk and not run (Like a forced walk toggle) Maybe that'd help?

But like I said before, there's no reason to invest into 50 different systems to determine if somebody can run or not. If somebody runs, just fucking catch them or let them go and fight them again another time.
In response to Manly-pink
Well people already are slowed taking too much damage. However it does pose a problem for someone who’s doing the chasing. Having 50 different systems is a problem and I can’t think of nothing plausible as of now. Sorry Wayno.
-1 from me. It's completely unnecessary. The running rules are fine as is, you just have to be smarter and more persistent than the person running. Admittingly, large body/low speed builds suffer a disadvantage, but you knew this when selecting your size/mate.