Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2518246

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Simple idea. Give people a verb to deliver basic information that would be plainly visible on sight. You examine them, and it pops up a sentence, or two about what they look like, roughly.

People were talking about heights, and some agreed that it's a bit out the window trying to play someone super tall without mentioning it frequently.

Edit: For clarification, it would be pure text. Not a pop-up where people would be allowed to go eight degrees of ballistic; paired with stolen art, music that no one wants to hear, and colored text.

Basic verb, you type in basic features, and it outputs in the OOC window that description.
+1
I wouldn't mind this but I'm absolutely agains't what is mentioned in the edit(I'm saying this just for the record);
Mmmm, I'm indifferent to the idea. Long as it's not something you're forced to use (Both for you, and for you needing to read EVERY description) I'm fine with it, Long as you have a way to turn it off on both sides.
Even a basic description of one's body type when you look at them could be useful. Like if you can tell if one is small or average size(Medium) or Large.

I wouldn't consider that metagaming or anything as you should be able to visibly discern people's stature if you're close enough to well see them.
Ngl if someone is accusing you of metagame because you're guessing the physical size of a character you're visually looking at in a 2-D game.. idk.. some people taking RP too far or just don't know what it actually is and just like doing stuff rather than knowing the fundamentals of rping.

I like this idea. I'm not a fan of super overthought out character biographies. I like the idea of having OOC text about IC things.
Yeah, I'd like it if people could do a quick little text to sum of 'First Glance' descriptions of people. I don't need your life story to read with pictures. Really just need a rough height/build, maybe eyes, and maybe minor details like scars/missing limbs. Which should be automatically displayed on the end of the examine if someone is missing limbs.