ID:2518727

BYOND Version:512
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 77.0.3865.120
Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
My game is an RTS which involves moving sometimes 1000s of units by various players. I have found what I believe to be an engine bug where walk_to() is broken and begins to ignore the density of objects and attempt to path find through them.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
You will select your units with drag select, be inside the human castles ground floor in the courtyard and attempt to click inside the dorm area.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
The units will pathfind to the location

Actual Results:
The units stand against a wall as if it has no density.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Everytime
In other games?Unknown
In other user accounts?Unknown
On other computers?Unknown

When does the problem NOT occur?
At other map locations

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
There isn't a work around, but if you minizie the game and wait a period of time then go back the units will again act as walk_to() is again seeing the density of objects.
Are you sure the density of the units themselves isn't preventing a successful path to be found? If they can't walk through other units, with that many, there's a lot that aren't going to be able to find a path and the system will eventually give up after so many failures to find a path. As any good pathfinding routine should.
I would agree with you however.. this test was done with three mobs.
I need a test case to operate on.

Also there is no such thing as a DM language bug; this would be an issue with server code if it's a bug, making it a Dream Daemon bug.
The only way I can see for you to test this would be for me to send the source your way. Although I could make a recording of the test.
The source would work if you stripped it down, or you could mock up a test case which would be even better.
Want me to just send it via email?
A link over the pager would do.