Dragonball Climax

by Kingzombiethe1st
Dragonball Climax
A new, open source anime vidya solution.
ID:2518745

Some frequently asked questions:

Q: Can you host this?
A: Nope! Don't have a dedicated server machine around, nor can I pay for one.

Q: Can I host this?
A: Yes! Do whatever you want!

Q: Are you working on this?
A: Yep. Constantly, it's a hobby.

Q: When Godki?
A: Possibly next year around the summer.

Q: Can I grab the source files and make my own version?
A: Sure! But for everyone elses sake, please keep the hub name.

Q: Who are you?
A: A guy who likes dragonball and liked DU, but wanted to make his own version that was actually fun.

Q: So, what's the main focus on the game?
A: Fun, generally. I don't care about PVP or RP, technically I want to satisfy both. If I can add something that seems fun, typically I will. If it doesn't, nope.

Q: You keep updating and my changes have to be redone over and over!
A: Not a question, but a valid issue! You need to install a version control software that's like Git. I use TortoiseGit. I think you could technically use TortoiseSVN too, but TortoiseGit lets you merge stuff automatically.

Essentially, download TortoiseGit, copy the repo (should have a bunch of commands in the Windows context menu, click Git Clone) using the link (typically 'https://gitgud.io/dankus10/Finale') and then you should have a copy of the game that can be updated any time you want!

If you really want to be an super active developer, make a fork of it over on gitgud.io, sync a key to your account and git, and then start developing! We can then use your fork changes (with cherry picking functionality) to update the main branch, or the other way around if your changes are approved.

Q: Can you add (X)?
A: Yes! Please post a suggestion in the suggestions mega-post!

Q: Can you remove (X)?
A: Generally, no. The only exception is invalidated content. (I.E. unneeded or unused stuff.) Otherwise, it'll be rebalanced.
There may be a few exceptions based on bugs and any severe concerns. Complaining about the Sharingan or the Fighting Gold menu theme is not considered a severe concern.

Q: What's with the copyrighted content?
A: Fan-made game, can't make any money, everything is public domain, made for educational purposes... Honestly making it open source on top of that is overkill.

Q: I hate you!
A: Alright?

Q: I love you!
A: Alright.

Q: I have a question that wasn't asked here, can I post my question?
A: Sure! If it's a bug or a feature inquiry, please post it in the correct forums. Otherwise, ask away! Questions about current features will be usually ignored. Don't ask them, download the source files and look into the code to have them answered.
--- Some more questions people might ask ---

Q: Is the public server that get hosted time from time yours?
A: No! I don't actually host any server on my own, as I am unable to. All public/private servers are owned by whoever hosts them!

Q: Where have you been!? BUGS!
A: Yep! I've seen a few, but I have been doing some work in RL and it's taken up massive amounts of my time. I will work on Climax again, but don't expect big updates until my spring break. (Currently working on a degree in college.)
I do plan on fixing multitudes of bugs. I want to try to start up some sort of crafting system using another person's fork with some modifications, and I think I'm just going to jump straight to Godki after fixing bugs, finishing up races. After Godki I'll start up everything else again.

Q: Where da host files?
A: Front page. Read description. Click links. It's there, it's not hidden, I promise!
The codefiles are organized and there are multiple systems to be aware of when coding for it. It's recommended that even if you are experienced you just start small until you are acquainted with everything in the codebase. In addition, using Git or a similar program is also recommended. Climax is my hobby! I'll be doing this until I'm 40! That means continuous updates (no matter how long it takes.)
If you don't start small or just take the host files and rebrand, you might run into some issues relating to bugfixes. I honestly recommend just setting up a Git client and just starting from a bog-standard fork unless you know what you are doing. (There are multiple forks of Climax in the git area.)

What I mean by bogstandard fork: Git has methods of automatic updates and etc while keeping your changes, and failing that, tools to properly merge in other versions. It's incredibly easy to keep up with development if you use these tools (of which are already integrated into Gitgud.) It also makes your own source capable of being merged into the main build (your choice of course.)
If you want to keep your source private, Gitgud still has tools to do that. You can set up releases and keep the source itself secure! Best of all, if you still want to merge in code, it'll only show the code that is involved within the merge.