Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2520072

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Explanation for this:
Alright, I saw Misk beautifully submit a request about very basic character descriptions which I'm 100% for, because who the fuck wants to look at your overtly executed, over-the-top, doing too much profile?

Sad truth but aside from that I feel like it would make this game more comprised of Roleplaying elements if your character was able to make mental notes and be aware of things. I feel like it would take away from some things people may 'see' as metagaming.

Example:
For example, if you have sense and you can sense a person dipping into fatigue your body should take note of it and a OOC text of some sort should be like "You notice a bead of sweat roll down Johnny's face as they muster the willpower to push forward!" However, since we already have fatigued and vital warning messages you'll probably see something more like

Steve has sense.. he can sense far out and he's isolated. Mom is powering up in a distance he cannot see from but he'd get a message of some sort like "You feel Mom's energy rising rapidly." the text can be more detailed or less detailed depending on how far they've powered up. "You feel Mom's energy exponentially increasing, the ground trembles before your very feet."

If Steve had a scouter it would be different "Your scouter is picking up rising ki energy(50,15,2) from, Mom(SOUTHWEST) 5,450!" , "Your scouter is receiving a overwhelming rise of ki energy(75,30,2), from Mom(NORTHWEST) 22,520!"

Ending Message:
I just feel like adding small things like this will add more to the Roleplaying side of the game 'cause of now.. I feel like it lacks it and it's moreso swinging to a PVP side of things. It may or may not change the nature of which people play.. I feel like it's a opportunity to get people more immersed in the game whether than just worrying about stats and staying alive. It don't have to stop at just sensing/scouter messages the more creative the merrier!
It does sound interesting with messages making you more aware of things around. It could be expanded more too like. Feeling specific powers of close friends dropping if they're high and positive on your contact list.

Of course if messages become too much for some people there could be a way toggle those messages off. Like a 'Tune Out' verb.
I like the extra information, but like DBZT said, have a way to toggle off the extra information.
I like it but scouters shouldn't tell you who is powering up, they never did that in dbz, a rising power would make someone with a scouter be like, "Wait who is that???" other than that it's a good idea.
In response to Salas200
Newer version scouters automatically scanned things on their own it seems, but I guess it requires a sudden burst or loss of power/energy.

https://youtu.be/LliGkyoEdwY

None of them touched their scouters in the beginning while Vegeta was powering up. The Ginyu members are said to have the newer version scouters.