ID:2521110

Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
An option during an installation to allow BYOND to run from a single file, such as a USB drive.

Since the installation of BYOND create a folder in "My documents", and not having that folder mean it won't work, I can't just copy the files on a USB drive and play at SS13 on computers that I don't have admin access to run the installer.

Copying the document file don't work either since the absolute path is different.

I have seen it a couple of time, but the most recent one I saw dated from 2013.
You can run BYOND from the zip packages provided on the download page without installing anything.
Nadrew wrote:
You can run BYOND from the zip packages provided on the download page without installing anything.

Doing so still saves your login information, cache, etc. in the "Documents" folder.
At least it don't need admin access to run, right?
Yeah no it is not working at all
The main problem is that it is missing a file to even launch the launcher. I believe it is a .dll file (Probably the first in a long list) that is in the BYOND file in the "Documents" file.
That's a directX error, it means you don't have DX9 runtimes and need to install those. It's normal to need those for most games.