ID:2525593

At last, Thanksgiving is just around the corner!

It's a short week, but I still managed to get some good development work in, with some more fixes in 513—some of them to bugs that were much older. Nadrew had a very interesting compiler bug in fact, that's been with us since version 500. Yut Put also discovered something wrong with obj layering that wouldn't have been an issue in most games but was causing problems for his; the fault was definitely on BYOND 513's end of things. Anyway now 513.1501 is out, with the newest batch of fixes.

Last week I finally vanquished the icon-operation crash bug that was haunting SS13 for ages uncounted, and it's been confirmed over the weekend that it's good and dead. One of my other fixes not so much; it turned out a fix to the Russian character Я didn't t quite take, so that should finally be taken care of.

Also, there's an undocumented possible fix to an issue they've been having with the output control where suddenly most of the spaces will stop appearing correctly—I say possible fix because there's no logical explanation for the bug, which is probably a bug in the richedit control, but I believe it was being triggered more regularly by some code that was put in place to help emojis work around a different richedit bug, and that code was a little overly aggressive.

Since it was such a short week there's not much else to report, but I want to sincerely thank everyone who helped out by becoming a Member or donating this month, or via Patreon or SubscribeStar—especially the users who've come forward to express their thanks for that icon fix. For those who haven't chipped in yet, there's still time to get some good deeds in for the month and earn some points with the Big Guy.

Tomorrow we feast! Well first we live-blog a parade, then we feast, then while we slip into post-feast comas we watch Christmas movies and go through the circulars for Black Friday doorbusters. But for those outside the US, we still wish the very best to you and yours.