ID:2525630

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
So I am using the Byondexe after getting my distribution key from Lummox Jr, and have ultimately decided this is confusing as fuck lol. So I have read through the help files several times, trying to figure out how to do this exactly and for this game specifically all I need is for the game to launch locally. I have read through the readme's several times and it is honestly giving me hell. I have figured out how to get the local game join button to come up on the byondexe however when I click it, I believe it crashes or simply does nothing. I have the game files in the hub.zip as it stated I would need but yeah, nothing it's not working at all. I have looked around for this problem and it seems most people just needed their key, I already have mine and it is inside the byondexe.ini as required.

On a side note, does the icon option in the Byondexe.ini simply not work or am I doing something wrong? Anyways any help would be much appreciated even if it's just throwing ideas at me until it's figured out. Thank you hopefully I hear from someone soon.

Update-

So it's actually launching then closing the game right away. Is this a bug?
Best response
What format are you using for the icon? Windows .exe files need the icon to be in .ico format, so keep that in mind.
I actually got that figured out, the icon thank you though. I am still trying to figure out what's causing the crash but someone on the discord found a runtime error with my deathscreen thus I am removing the error and going to see if it works. If it does, it was something I caused and to disregard this if not I will need to continue to look into this.
After removing the runtime error there was still no luck and testing the byondexe with a single verb game also didn't launch with the exe. This is very strange, my distribution key is on the byondexe.ini (I just copied it over) which I know is a common problem with a lot of people talking about unexpected results using the exe. Im going to try downgrading as suggested by you on the pager, I just dont know how far im going to need to downgrade lol. Thanks lummox.