ID:2527131

Resolved
The byondexe tool had multiple failures in BYOND 513 due to the Unicode upgrade.
BYOND Version:513.1501
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 78.0.3904.108
Applies to:ByondEXE

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: I was unable to to launch a game created with the byond 513.1501 build using the Byondexe.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: Get a distribution key, attempt to create the exe using byondexe in build 513.1501. Attempt to launch it.

Expected Results: Game launches like the DMB.

Actual Results: Game instantly closes, window flashes, game crashes, whatever you want to call it. (Game doesnt open idk if its an actual crash)

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Everytime
In other games? Yes regardless of game it refuses to open the game with the byondexe. I do have a distribution key.
In other user accounts? Yes any account used.
On other computers? Probably? Untested.

When does the problem NOT occur? Has yet to not occur. This problem occures for me always.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) I have yet to find a build where it doesn't do it for me but, others say the byondexe works in the older 512 builds. I suggest following their examples until lummox has fixed the problem.

Workarounds: Downgrade, if that doesn't work attempt to find a friend that will compile the byondexe for you.

Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
The byondexe tool had multiple failures in BYOND 513 due to the Unicode upgrade.