ID:2527307

Resolved
Special BYOND links like byond://winset?... didn't work in maptext links.
BYOND Version:513.1501
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro
Web Browser:Chrome 77.0.3865.90
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Some links in maptext do not work properly:

- A link of "?src=[0x00000000]&..." will properly call a Topic on the given ref
- "byond://winset?command=..." does not work (spawns another DreamSeeker process)
- Occasional VERY strange issues if "javascript:..." links are used. Sometimes it will try to open an IE window but fail, sometimes it will just... not do anything? Results are inconsistent

I'm not sure of the particulars. At some point I had fouled it up badly enough that the input bar at the bottom stopped working properly, recognizing no commands and treating anything after it as say "*emote [...] (where [...] was the input bar contents). This persisted across closing/reopening Dream Seeker for that server.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
maptext = "<a href='byond://winset?command=.reconnect'>!!</a>"

Expected Results:
DreamSeeker executes the ".reconnect" command when clicking. (Or whatever is specified in the byond:// link.)

Actual Results:
DreamSeeker opens an additional process in the background with that as a command line parameter. The command is not executed.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?
- Every time I tested it.

When does the problem NOT occur?
- When using the same links in other elements. For example, editing the maptext on the server I tested on also outputs the new value into the browser element, where it worked correctly.

Workarounds:
In theory, potentially creating a Topic that the maptext can link to that will replicate the URL call in a different way.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Special BYOND links like byond://winset?... didn't work in maptext links.