Dragonball Climax

by Kingzombiethe1st
Dragonball Climax
A new, open source anime vidya solution.
ID:2535735

BYOND Version:512
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 79.0.3945.88
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Fusion needs a revert button. I fused with someone using the Potara's and it never unfused us. They can permanently hear everything I hear, speak through me, fusion observe me etc. I still fusion BP, and the fusion name.

After having an admin unfuse me, my BP mod was set lower than it was originally. I once again suggest a verb we can press to fix our characters. Cross reference our race and skills to recalculate our character sheets to fix bugs. My friend was randomly losing skill points permanently, and both of us lost .1x on our energy mods at random occasions.
Fusion does not revert. This is intended.

Fusion additionally does not affect BP mods- the way it works is that it only loosely affects base BP, which makes it easy to track.

This is something else, I need more information.
Not much information to give. Both me and my friend randomly lost energy mod, SP, stats, you name it. We tracked down the stats one, which is in one of the other bug reports, but we aren't sure what caused SP losses, or energy mod losses. Without a simple button to fix your character a lot of these issues remain permanent.

As for fusion, I suggest a warning that it's permanent, and to let the Fusee reincarnate if you don't intend to allow reverting.
Fusee can reincarnate- go to the center (250,250) of the Sealed Realm to click on the Reincarnation Tree. Reincarnation, like many, many things is bugged.

As for what could have caused the issue: Fusion does involve moving from place to place, and the Sealed Realm may still have its archaic gravity values from vanilla. That could've started a cascade of issues from damage if he was underpowered. Aside from that, most likely during or after Fusion you were prevented from seeing the cause of the bug- maybe obfuscated by the power increase it brings? Who knows.
As for "Fix your character button" this is kinda impossible. There's no way for a computer program to really intrinsically know whats okay to "fix" or not.
As for character race types, and doing typings there, that's ALSO somewhat of a no-go as the base stats are subject to change, always. (However, it's on The List of things to redo, since it's much easier to keep track of race types rather than loose race definitions.)

Again, I'll keep the bug report open, but if you go into the Fusion code specifically it doesn't mess around with stats. (It'll give temporary values in the future, but... there isn't even evidence of me starting that.) (see: https://gitgud.io/dankus10/Finale/blob/master/Code/Modules/ Magic/Fusion.dm)

If you can use the edit window, you can see many values of the player. (Some of which will need to be compressed in the future for my sanity.) Maybe look into those?
Also, if there is ANY lag already ongoing during saving and restarting, that can and will fuck up save files. Which can contribute to messed up stuff.

Again, not saying the problem isn't there, but I'm not seeing a 'bug pathway' I can follow- since investigating Fusion leads to a dead end.
Well the random losing of skill points and energy mod isn't tied to fusion. I honestly can't direct you anywhere for it, which is a shame because I'd like to have it fixed if possible.

A fix character button is definitely not impossible, it's implemented on games like DBR. Disable all buffs, unequip all items that manipulate stats, reset all your mods to base racial values, apply size stat changes, apply skill stat changes, you can even leave out re-equipping items and let players do it themselves.
Kingzombiethe1st changed status to 'Verified'
A fix character button is more impossible here only regarding skills.
When a skill is added, various learn procs and so on are set.
While it would be possible to reset all stats, then loop through various forget statements, then loop through all the learn statements again (levels reset), all this would accomplish is causing immense rollback and progress loss on characters. Skills would need to be changed en mass to account for applying them repeatedly.
Equipment lists are modular, which means they are much easier to deal with. On the latest version, they are already reset every 120 or so seconds (in addition to some more work to prevent lopping from screwing people.)
For base racial values, all thats needed there is technically an admin command. Races are going to be turned into typings which should make resets even easier.

Definitely a good idea... and probably in hindsight would've been something to account for when designing skills. (Technically speaking skills COULD be reapplied, but the skills on a individual basis needs to be modified for this... Which is why its less trouble to just fix the skills causing these issues. More experienced programmers are already foaming at the mouth at the direction of the fix heh.)
Kingzombiethe1st changed status to 'Unverified'
Added some fine print to Potaras detailing that they are, indeed, permanent.

Still watching Fusions to see if I can wrangle this bug.