ID:2537467

Resolved
Pixel offsets of objects in vis_contents did not apply to server-side visual bounds calculations.
BYOND Version:513.1506
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 79.0.3945.117
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When a big icon in vis_content is too far apart from the holder's position, after you get too far from it, the vis_content obj dissapears even tho it still should be visible to you.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Enter the test project sent, walk south till you see the vis_content shadow dissappear

Expected Results:
Doesn't dissappear if it's still in view

Actual Results:
Dissappears even tho it should still be visible

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
Never

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) Not that I know of

Workarounds:

Not that I know of
In your test case I saw something really odd that, when I changed it, caused the problem to go away. This is still a bug but I thought you should know about it.

The problem appears to stem from the combination of pixel_y and transform, when transform alone makes far more sense.

SH.pixel_y -= (I.Height()-(I.Height()/15))
var/matrix/M = matrix(1,-1,MATRIX_SCALE)
SH.transform = M

First off I would actually replace that calculation with I.Height()*(14/15) because it's counterproductive to call a proc twice whenonce will do. But, I think that pixel_y offset would work better in your transform, so I changed it:

var/matrix/M = matrix(1,-1,MATRIX_SCALE)
M.f -= round(I.Height() * (14/15), 1)
SH.transform = M

The problem completely vanished at that point, so that's a workaround you can use until the bug is fixed; also it's just a better way to go anyway.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Pixel offsets of objects in vis_contents did not apply to server-side visual bounds calculations.