Dragonball Climax

by Kingzombiethe1st
Dragonball Climax
A new, open source anime vidya solution.
ID:2538782

Resolved
Fixed.
BYOND Version:512
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic
Web Browser:Chrome 79.0.3945.117
Applies to:Gameplay

This issue has been resolved.
Although I like the cap system as an idea, the implementation is either quite buggy or simply strange.

Messing with the cap settings as an admin, it seems that the soft cap doesn't actually change based on server average. And simply remained at the exact same amount, give or take a few, for almost an entire week.

Time cap rises strangely. At 2x cap raise speed, it appears to raise at around the same rate as even 10x speed.

Other issues include:

Cap settings entirely reset anytime the server reboots, including automatic reboots.

If a hardcap is set to 2,000,000 the actual cap for everyone is only 500,000. This trend applies to every amount, never actually reaching the hardcap.

BP mods don't seem to affect the cap nearly enough. A 0.95x bp mod race with a cap of 50,000, will still end up as strong as a 3x bp mod race who's cap is strangely only 60,000 despite having a more than three times higher bp mod.

Gains magnify based on how far away from the cap they are, sometimes instantly capping. Or gaining so much bp in one burst, it can break the cap by a wide margin.

As a result even if the intention is for all races to about cap at the same amount, but for higher bp mod races to gain said amounts faster, it is irellivent since everyone caps so easily.

This has the unwanted side effect of making the gates ridiculously op for lower bp mod races, since having such a low bp mod isn't actually lowering their overall bp compared to the other races.

I'd recommend taking another look at the cap system, as it seems to have many flaws if you're wanting a steady progression that cares about bp mods.

Kingzombiethe1st changed status to 'Verified'
Kingzombiethe1st resolved issue with message:
Fixed.
Gains are not bugged in 0.8.9.2 to my knowledge. The public server is probably just not updated. (I fixed that exact bug)
BP mods and cap shanagians fixed. Relative cap for humans will be 4x lower than the hardcap, while 3x BP mod races will be 3/4ths the way.